Home // My neighbourhood // Mapping System Help
To get the best experience from using this map system we recommend using Internet Explorer 10+. The maps have been verified as working in the following browsers.
|Internet Explorer - Version 10+||Windows Phone 8|
|Safari 5||IPhone 6+|
Interacting with the Map
Searching for an address :-
- Type a street name or postcode into the search box above the map
- Press the enter/return key on your keyboard or click the Search for Address button to start your search
- Select the property from list that appears by clicking once with your left mouse button
- Once selected the property list will close and the map will zoom to the address chosen and place a marker
Zoom in and out of the map via the following methods :-
- Place your mouse over the map window and scroll mouse wheel up and down.
- Alternatively click on the plus and minus icons on the map tool on the left side of map or you can drag the slider up and down.
- Double click inside the map window to zoom in 1 zoom level.
Moving the map view port(centre) can be achieved by :-.
- Holding down your left mouse button inside the map window then moving your mouse, the map will move with your mouse. Release the left mouse button to stop moving the map.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard will move up,down,left,right
Highlight map features :-
- Show/Remove Map links on the page turn map layers on/off but does not move the map window
- Locate on map links move the map window to the chosen feature and highlight it with a marker
- You can get additional information from layers visible on the map by left clicking on any map feature. A popup will appear with information related to the point clicked. You can close this popup by clicking the red X in the top right of the popup
Problem - Page loads but there is no map or map area is white
Solution - If using Internet Explorer less than v11, check that compatibilty mode is not turned on (to find out how click here)
Problem - I entered an street/postcode but the popup window is empty or does not have the address I am looking for
Solution - Re enter the address or postcode again checking that it is correct, for best results use the format "House No, Street, Postcode"
Problem - I have searched for an address but the information doesnt change
Solution - Are you logged in? The home address of a logged in account always takes precedence over the search box. To view infomation about an address other than where you live, please log out first
Problem - I have searched for an address but the information on all panels says not found or not available
Solution - It is likely that the address you have selected is outside of the Knowsley MBC boundary. Whilst the system will let you choose an out of borough address it will only show detailed information for addresses inside Knowsley